Beginning with their shows in Negril, Jamaica at the beginning of 2009, Bob Weir and Ratdog covered a whole lotta Dylan that year. Starting with Maggie’s Farm in Negril, Bobby and the boys continued playing an average of one Dylan song per show for the rest of the year – their last year, at least while Bobby is playing with Furthur (also tons of fun!).
Here’s a sampling of what they played, courtesy of audience tapers uploading their recordings to the Internet Music Archive.
1. It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue – Grand Lido Resort – Negril, Jamaica – January 28, 2009
2. A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall – Mark G. Etess Arena – Atlantic City, NJ
– July 11, 2009
3. Señor – Highland Bowl Amphitheatre – Rochester, NY – July 12, 2009
4. When I Paint My Masterpiece – Penn’s Peak – Jim Thorpe, PA – July 15, 2009
5. Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door – Masquerade Music Park – Atlanta, GA – July 17, 2009
6. Desolation Row – Grand Ballroom – New York, New York – October 19, 2009
I believe this is the complete list of Dylan songs they covered in 2009: It’s All Over Now, Baby Blue, She Belongs to Me, Quinn the Eskimo, All Along The Watchtower, A Hard Rain’s A-Gonna Fall, Señor, Queen Jane Approximately, When I Paint My Masterpiece, Knockin’ On Heaven’s Door, Masters of War, and Desolation Row. They played a handful of them multiple times.